At long last Oxford is opening up (12th April 2021) – Bravo!!
“Onward and Upward! To Narnia and the North!” (CS Lewis)
Magdalen College – the road to Oxford (& Narnia?)
Come and joint the re-opening of Oxford! Yes, it is still quiet still but that may be an experience never to be repeated.
Famous for many good reasons including the vaccine.
The following is a flavour of what will be open from 12th April:
– Outdoor street ‘pedestrianized’ dining areas in the centre of Oxford City – including in Cornmarket Street, St Michael’s Street, Broad Street, Dawson Street, Observatory Street and North Parade Avenue, plus a number of individual areas on wider pavements.
– The Thames Path – great walk from Oxfordbnb to Oxford.
– University Parks.
– Botanic Gardens & Harcourt Arboretum.
– Wytham & Bagley Woods (a carpet of bluebells).
– Walking Tours – better to book in advance.
– Punting – although a bit chilly at the moment.
– The Covered Market – full of old fashioned charm.
– Westgate Oxford – glitzy shopping centre.
College gardens we hope will start to reopen in the near future (some say Magdalen College gardens are already open) as will all of Oxford’s 1000 years of history.
It’s going to be FUN. Come, join the experience!!!