Welcome to Oxfordbnb – reopening 4th July
Following guidance given by GOV.UK, as of 4th July, we are open again. For July and maybe August we plan to offer, for online booking, availability for one double or twin room (please let us know your requirement). We have another double/twin room available for a group booking i.e. if you need 2 rooms. Other rooms will be unoccupied. This we believe is the best way to ensure you enjoy your stay and feel safe. Prior to booking contact us to ensure all is clear. It will not be possible to book the 2nd room online.
We also offer ‘Free Cancellation’ if you book & have to cancel due to Covid-19 issues (applies to ‘Direct Bookings’ only).
Here’s our plan to ensure you enjoy your stay and are kept safe:
- Ensure all official guidelines & regulations are followed, with a strong focus on personal & surrounds cleanliness – rigorous use of Sanitisers, Wipes and Disinfectant.
- We will practice safe distancing, but still be sociable within the objective of reduced contact.
- Guests from abroad – sorry we cannot offer quarantine (14 days) at our B&B. Some countries are now exempt from this rule (check latest UK Government rules). Guests who are not exempt must be in the UK for 14 days before staying with us.
- If self-isolation becomes necessary, either for you or for us due to Covid-19 symptoms we, with mutual cooperation, should be able to comply with Government guidelines & regulations. There will be cost implications if you have to extend your stay due a need to to self-isolate, however Government guidance now allows you to take a test and return home ‘if you reasonably can’.
To make the above work we must work in partnership. We’re sure we can.
And here’s the detail:
- Cleanliness: Hand sanitizers/wipes are available in common spaces (reception/first floor landing). All common areas and guest rooms are carefully cleaned and disinfected. We will not enter your room during your stay unless you stay for more than 6 nights. Our B&B is completely separate from our family space. Initially (July & maybe August) we are keeping guest rooms unoccupied for a minimum of 48 hours between bookings. This will be reduced gradually when considered safe to do so. Linen will be washed at 60°. We are small – 3 rooms only available for guest use and as previously noted for ‘group’ bookings only. A ‘no fuss’ and minimalist approach will be adopted.
- We must all practice safe distancing with minimal contact. We are happy to wear masks if you feel more comfortable. Payment will be on arrival by cash or card. A simple continental buffet breakfast is available in the Breakfast Room, with most breakfast items individually packaged. There is a microwave available.
- Guests coming from abroad must be in the UK for 14 days before you can stay with us (unless exempt – please check latest UK Government rules). Please do not plan to quarantine at our B&B; you will not be allowed to ‘check in’.
- Should you develop Covid-19 symptoms during your stay you must self-isolate immediately at our B&B, take a test quickly and then return to your home ‘if you reasonably can’. There will be cost implications if you need to extend your stay.
- Should a member of our family develop Covid-19 symptoms during your stay, our family will have to self-isolate (family space is separate from B&B). Should that happen your stay can be completed on a ‘no contact’ basis.
- Some local information: Buses (face masks required on public transport) are now running at 30 minute intervals to and from central Oxford. Oxford has introduced a pedestrianized one way system and attractions are gradually opening again.
Rest assured your safety is our top priority, but we also want you to enjoy your stay. We will do everything we can to keep everyone healthy and happy.