Welcome to Oxfordbnb
Latest Update on second national lockdown: As advised on GOV.UK – new national restrictions from 5th November 2020 will apply. We are happy to continue to offer B&B accommodation if the reason for your stay is due to travel requirements as covered below:
- are unable to return to your main residence.
- need accommodation while moving house.
- need accommodation to attend a funeral or related commemorative event.
- require accommodation for work purposes or to provide voluntary services.
- are a child requiring accommodation for school or care.
- are an elite athlete or their support staff or parent, if the athlete is under 18 and it is necessary to be outside of the home for training or competition.
Please note our ‘online’ availability may not reflect the rooms we have available. Hence please enquire by phone or email.
We regret these restrictions are necessary but we must, obviously, follow the latest guidance. Please do not book with us unless you fall into the category mentioned above until after 2nd December 2020 (present end of lockdown, but do be aware this might be extended). Further updates will follow as the guidance becomes more clear. As always we offer you our best wishes and stay well in these difficult times.
We offer ‘Free Cancellation’ if you book direct but have to cancel due to Covid-19 issues.
Our B&B (which is completely separate from our family space) has a maximum of 4 guest rooms. Business persons, academics and tourists have been staying at our B&B for over 10 years. Whilst the service now is somewhat different, the hospitality we offer remains the same!
Our plan is to offer low occupancy or group bookings. Up to 6 guests can stay at any one time. Our ‘Continental Breakfast’, will be served to your table. By mutual agreement we will limit the number of guests in the breakfast room, with tables spaced accordingly.
We are happy, by arrangement, to offer sole occupancy where you or your party will be our only guests. Before you book phone ‘07810576275’ or email ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ to ensure we can meet your needs.
Here’s our plan to ensure you enjoy your stay:
- Follow official guidelines & regulations, with a strong focus on personal & surrounds Sanitisers will be available for your use. Face masks should be used when there is contact between us and other guests.
- We will practice safe distancing, but still be sociable within the objective of reduced contact. We will not enter your room during your stay unless you stay for more than 6 nights. We are keeping guest rooms unoccupied for a minimum of 30 hours between bookings. A ‘no fuss’ minimalist approach will be adopted throughout your stay. Payment should be contactless.
- Guests from abroad – sorry generally we cannot offer quarantine (14 days) at our B&B. Some countries are now exempt from this rule (check latest UK Government rules). Guests who are not exempt must be in the UK for 14 days before staying with us or have made arrangements directly with us, prior to booking, to enable us to accommodate you needs.
- If self-isolation becomes necessary, either for you or for us due to Covid-19 symptoms becoming apparent, with mutual cooperation, we will be able to comply with Government guidelines & regulations. There will be cost implications if you have to extend your stay due a need to self-isolate, however Government guidance allows you to take a test and return home ‘if you reasonably can’ and hopefully take a test en route.
To make the above work we must work in partnership. We’re sure we can. The detail behind the above is contained in our risk assessment and available for you to inspect if you so wish.
Rest assured your safety is our top priority, but we also want you to enjoy your stay. We will do everything we can to keep everyone healthy and happy. We hope to return to normal service sooner than later!